These Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat with a big glass of fresh cold milk.
These healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a family favorite at our house. I haven’t been making them as much lately as I used to but they are still a big hit with the boys when I do. I have changed up a few of the ingredients that you might normally use in cookies to make these a healthier treat.
HEALTHY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups of sprouted whole wheat flour
3 cups of uncooked oats
1 1/2 cups of sucanant
1 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
A LITTLE ABOUT MY INGREDIENT CHOICES
If you noticed, I changed out typical white flour for sprouted whole wheat flour. I like to use the sprouted flour because it is so much easier for digestion. You could of course use regular whole wheat flour or white flour if that is what you prefer. The cookies will still be delicious either way. For the sweetener, we like sucanat for so many things. It is a whole cane sugar that is much less processed than regular sugar. Again, other choices could be turbinado sugar, coconut sugar or just plain old brown sugar will work. Now on to the good stuff.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients except chocolate chips together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together your softened butter, eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on to a lightly grease cookie sheet 2 ” apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8 minutes. (varies with different ovens)
- Cool and enjoy!
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Spouted whole wheat flour
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- combine all dry ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and mix well
- combine the eggs, vanilla, and butter in a different bowl and mix well
- fold the liguid ingredients into the dry then mix them all well
- add the chocolate chips and mix well
- drop by rounded tablespoons 2" apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- bake 8-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned
I TEAMED UP WITH SEVERAL BLOG FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO SHARING WITH YOU SOME OF THIER FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES. BE SURE TO CHECK THEM OUT AND ADD SOME GREAT COOKIE RECIPES TO YOUR RECIPE BOX.
Todays cookie Recipes are here:
Brianne at Homemade On Our Homestead
Rachael at Australian Working Mama
Misty at Our Grace Filled Journey
Lyndsy at Treasured Oak Springs
Amy at Essentially Hand Made Shop
Gabrielle at Life with the Correas
Anja at Our Gabled Home
Jenny at Yellow Rose Jenny
Amanda at Cozy Tasty Home
Jersey at Farmhouse-bc
Dana at St Marthas Lens
You can find the cookie recipes from yesterdays bloggers here: